With colder weather in the northern hemisphere, we are reminded of those living without consistent shelter during this season. For our second year, & now available online, we are offering Compassion Toques.
What are Compassion Toques? A toque is the Canadian term for what you might call a beanie or stocking cap, and here's where the compassion part comes comes in:
For every toque purchased, another will be donated to the DTES (Downtown Eastside) Women's Shelter, or the Vancouver nonprofit of your choice.
Fit and Features:
- Double layered cotton
- Certified STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- Slightly slouchy fit, or you can turn up the brim
- Available in honey or black
- Available in standard (head circumference 56-60cm) or XL (head circumference 60-64cm)
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low (of course, we don't mind if you lay or hang them to dry)
Want some for your kiddos or as a gift? We can sort that out, so fire us a message here or email firstname.lastname@example.org & it would be a delight.
Last year, we were able to give out just over 175 Compassion Toques in care kits containing other essentials & comfort items to the community living without shelter in the Downtown Eastside. Thank you so much for coming together again this season!
*If you wish to make any notes about which nonprofit you prefer, or have any other comments, please include them in the notes section during checkout.